During summer, it’s important to keep hydrated, while alcohol can be rather dehydrating nothing like sipping away to this indoor refresher, or should I just call this mocktail an “Indoor Breeze”? Especially if you are just tired of drinking water, here’s a mocktail that anyone can enjoy indoors.
The uncanny name for this drink came to me mostly because for those of us in the ‘summer hemisphere’ we are already clinging to our fans and/or air-conditioners whilst avoiding the outside humid heat. Let this beverage give you the sensation of a lazy beach holiday.
“Indoor Breeze” – a Lemongrass, Mint & Ginger mocktail
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: Less than 10 mins
Makes: 2 glasses
– Fresh shredded ginger or 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
– 2 stalks of lemongrass
– about 10 Mint leaves
– 1 1/2 tablespoon of Lime juice
– 1 can of Ginger Ale or Tonic Water
– Brown sugar or any sweetener of your choice
- Gather all your ingredients.
- Combine your lime juice to the brown sugar in a tall glass. I used half a tablespoon of brown sugar as I don’t like it too sweet. Set aside.
- Chop your lemongrass, shred your ginger (if you need to) and pluck the mint leaves from their stalks.
- Add the lemongrass, ginger and mint into your tall glass and muddle.
- Finally, add the ginger ale and give it a good stir.
- To serve, pour into a glass with ice – Enjoy!
Notes: Should you fancy the alcoholic version of this mocktail, you can add some rum or gin to give your drink an extra zing!